Some people prefer retro trends. With best speakers for vinyl and record players still available on the market, you can have a nostalgic music experience. When you go to a club, you’ll notice that DJs usually use turntables for their setup to produce music.
If you want to become a DJ in your own apartment our article may help with it. You need a turntable and wireless speaker – if already bought them just connect it with each other and DONE!
If you don’t know how it works – check it out in our article. Let’s go!
The first thing you need to pay attention to is if the turntable has a pre-amp. It is used to amplify the sound signal. If your device does not have a pre-amp, then you should consider buying it. Those devices are not expensive.
To connect everything, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Find the panel with outputs on a side of the turntable. Usually, it is a small plastic panel with different plugs. Most turntables have two outputs: a red and a white one (they are called RCA jacks).
- Check the wireless speaker’s transmitter (the device that sends a sound signal to speakers). It should have an input plug. Here is where a problem may appear: some transmitters have two inputs (a white and a red one, just like a turntable does), while others have only one 3.5 mm jack.
- If the transmitter has two inputs, then you should connect it and the turntable with an RCA cable. Make sure the colors correspond (the red output plug is connected to a red input).
- If the transmitter has one 3.5 jack, then you need to buy a special RCA to 3.5 mm cable (it is not very expensive).
- Use the RCA to 3.5 mm cable to connect the devices.
That is it, you can enjoy music now. As you can see, it is not difficult at all.
What should you do if a turntable without a built-in pre-amp
The instruction mentioned above is for turntables with preamps. In this case, you need to use an external preamp. In this case, you need to connect a turntable to a pre-amp and then connect the pre-amp output to the transmitter input.
Few words about why do you need a turntable
Who says you can’t combine the good old stuff with new ones? The advantage of turntables over traditional digital devices is the absence of the limit that digital format introduces. Of course, you need good speakers to enjoy your music and the vinyl is not that perfect, since even the smallest scratch may be the reason for the noise.
Nevertheless, the sales of vinyl are growing and the reason why people prefer this format is the quality it offers. It may help you find the best device for you. It requires certain investments but it returns you will get the first-class experience and enjoy your favorite music tracks.